Proof of Concept for Smart Wound Care Device
The Client is an established Medical Device company developing a new smart wound care device.
Gentian Health was tasked with developing a Proof of Concept prototype which could be used to establish the technology architecture and to fulfil demonstration requirements to take the project to the next stage.
Gentian Health supported its client's development lifecycle in the following areas:
- Prototype requirements specifications
- Technology evaluation and feasibility report
- Detailed prototype design specification
- Overall system architecture
- Detailed Analog Electronic design incorporating multiple sensors
- Overall schematic design and PCB layout
- Development of prototype flexible circuit board incorporating screen printed battery technology
- Firmware development involving Bluetooth communications with connectivity to an app and client’s cloud based dash board
- Human factors design and Usability
- Detailed Industrial and mechanical design
- Dressing evaluation and solution development
- Prototype which was fully integrated with electronics, Dressing, and firmware
- Biocompatibility evaluation
- Preclinical prototype build and evaluation
- Testing and reporting on prototype performance
- Technology pathway development for final product
Let our experts guide your project to success
With a diverse client portfolio from early stage start-ups to larger organisations, Gentian Health provide a full production service from clinical trial batch builds to finished, packaged products of the highest quality.
Contact us today to find out how we can support your project.